Cold Brew: Good For You, Too
If you've been following along, you'll remember that we've been posting a lot -- A LOT! -- about the wellness benefits of whole bean coffee.
Well, hey -- cold brew is good for you, too.
The website EcoWatch.com ticked through some benefits:
- Metabolism boost - Just like hot coffee, the caffeine in cold brew can bump your metabolic rate by up to 11%, and that helps your body burn fat.
- Mood boost - Caffeine can lower rates of depression, help enhance the mood of people who are sleep-deprived, and increase focus and attentiveness.
- Lower Heart Disease Risk - components of coffee can increase insulin sensitivity, stabilize blood sugar, and lower blood pressure -- all good for the heart.
- Easier than hot coffee on your stomach - Cold brews can be slightly less acidic, and have a lower count of some carbohydrates that can irritate the digestive system, than hot coffees.
There are many more benefits outlined in the article, including a reduced risk of diabetes, and reduced risk of Parkinson's and Alzheimer's diseases.
And good news: Humblemaker's four wellness cold brew shots don't just taste great, each is formulated specifically to enhance and improve key health factors:
- Black Sea - cognitive health
- Boomtowne - multivitamin boost
- La Fonda - antioxidants
- Ojai Valley - improves immune function